Chronicled Hope

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Music and my mind

There are just songs I love without a real reason, they are just good music, and then there are other songs I can't help but love. Where ever I am, whatever I am doing; I stop and often find myself holding my breathe. And as I finally breathe out with a sigh, it is like little man in my mind clicks on the movie projector of my memory.

As I drove to work this morning one of those songs came streaming into my radio from my ipod. Before I knew what was happening or could stop that little man from pushing the button in my head. . . . I could see her face clear as the day is bright. There were days in my past I tried and struggled to remember every detail of that face but time makes it harder to recall it all. But today in my mind's little movie theatre I could remember everything and she looked as beautiful and strong as the day I met her. As long as the song played I remembered so many things that brought a smile to my face but came with a bit of sadness as well.

The song faded out and so did my thoughts about those days gone by. I sometime wonder if I want to hold to the past. Do I want to remember her beautiful face and who she was . . . . or would I rather know it for who she is now and all the changes that come with it. Or would I rather forget and never listen to that song again.

The truth is I love the song. The memories that come with it are bittersweet with a hint of longing and whole lot of peace. I don't live in the past thinking those where the best days of my life or that I wish for something different. It is just good to remember and see that face clearly again . . . . and to smile at the thought of her one more time.

Oh and the song. . . Holiday in Spain by the Counting Crows

Be Blessed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home