Chronicled Hope

Monday, January 4, 2010

What a season!

We all complain that the holidays are too fast placed. All the running around, all the family gatherings, and the food . Ok, so I am not sure that the food has anything to do with being too fast paced but it is kind of fun to think of all the delicious food .................................. Sorry for the long pause I was thinking about all the Christmas goodness.

Anyway...

For many of us it feels like the holidays are dead spirit and once New Year's is over there is that huge sigh of relief, "Finally, back to normal". It literally feels like they have run a race and are ready to rest. Yet I have a different reaction to the holiday madness. I feel more like I took a light morning jog and instead of being tired I am feeling energized. No stretch required!

It is not the event of the last week and half that have made it amazing but rather the people. So here are my friends that rocked out my life during the holidays.

The VanWeilers and family. I don't get to see Adam very often and when I get a chance to see that wily, artist yuppy . . .well, I don't miss the chance. This man has more creative ideas on the brain than most people I know combined. Every time I talk to him my head goes into overdrive because he get my creative spirit going. Now combine that with getting to talk a little LOST in on the action. Perfect! Adam's wife and family are always so kind to me as well. They never make me feel like I am imposing even when I am. So to Jenna, Tony, Sharon and Maria. . . you are the best.

Greg Shepherd. Do you have those friends that no matter how much time has pasted you can just flow right back into things. Greg and I are like that. After about 10 minutes of catching up we are discussing our thoughts, hope, or frustrations. I am so excited that this dude is going to be a father. He is going to rock at it. I am banking on a daughter for the first baby Shepherd and I know that if it is that she will have her daddy wrapped around her finger but he will also protect her like no other. I look forward to how our friendship will grow in the coming years.

Jerod Garland, Mike and Tracy Redman, Joe Lubach. I sometimes forget how much I love to play board games with the Pella peeps. There were some good laughs and so fun playing Settlers. I had never play this version and they let me cheat a little . . . God bless them. Did I mention that I found a tshirt that says "Yes we Catan" on it. Pretty funny.

Jon Kalvig. What can I say about this guy. My brother from a different mother who loves to be himself. He likes to push a little and poke at you to be active and sometimes that is just what I need. I could not be more proud of what he did with a little opportunity I told him about so many years ago. The guy has moxy and dig that. Our conversations are always awesome and random.

I am loving the reconnect that comes with holidays . . . . so blessed




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home