Chronicled Hope

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Day 3 - Worth a Thousand Words

The saying goes, "A picture is worth a thousand words."

It is easy to focus on the pretty and joyous ideals that we have built the season on. But as I stated in the beginning that these 25 days would a journey to find a truer meaning of Christmas. As I took in the idea of what Jesus coming to this world of dust really meant, I felt it was important to understand why the Israelites where crying out for a Messiah. The truth of it is their reality was not pretty or filled with lights and gifts and they had not yet been told "I bring you good news that will bring great joy to all people," by the heavenly hosts. Instead they were occupied by Rome, desperate for deliverance, dying as slaves, and hopeless disarray.

But in 2009 we can not understand this hopelessness and desperation that the child of the most high GOD felt.

Sometime I don't really listen to the words of songs I sing . . . and that was true with one of my favorite christmas carols. O Come, O Come Emmanuel is not a happy and joyful song that is meant to make us feel good. It a song of longing and crying out. And we need to get back to that to understand why we can have joy because Christ. Just like light needs darkness, we must understand the suffering to know the joy. I made this video because it speaks more truth than I can write. Lets the expectation begin.

I had to post it on youtube here
Please take few minute to watch it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home